FOTP is proud to support education through Midsemester Miles Challenge. This is the inaugural year for the program and we plan to offer at least 10 grants to special education teachers at title 1 schools in Houston, Texas.
The Friends of the Phoenix will award up to $500 grants to local special education teachers so they can provide a beneficial learning environment for their students. Many special education students need different materials or equipment, which can be challenging to provide due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Please contact the FOTP grants at firstname.lastname@example.org for information or questions.
- Who can apply: K-12 special education teachers at schools in school districts in Harris County. Eligible school districts: Aldine ISD, Alief ISD, Channelview ISD, Clear Creek ISD, Crosby ISD, Cypress-Fairbanks ISD, Deer Park ISD, Galena Park ISD, Goose Creek ISD, Houston ISD, Humble ISD, Katy ISD, Klein ISD, La Porte ISD, Pasadena ISD, Sheldon ISD, Spring ISD, and Spring Branch ISD. Teachers at schools not in this list but still in the greater Houston area may contact email@example.com to discuss if their application may still be considered. Teachers at Title I schools will be given preference (see the scoring rubric for more details).
- Amount of award: up to $500
- Funding period: One-time grant awarded in December 2020
- Application due date: November 20, 2020, at 5:00 pm CST
- Application submission: Email ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org
|DOWNLOAD GRANT APPLICATION|